WSDOT Construction POSTPONED: No Work on Southbound I-5 Sept. 18-19
WSDOT is postponing this weekend’s work on I-5 southbound between I-90 and Spokane Street. The polyester concrete they are using on this project is extremely sensitive to moisture and the chance of rain is very high.
With the postponement, WSDOT still has work scheduled for the weekends of Sept. 25-26 and Oct. 2-3, depending on the weather. Here’s the work they currently have scheduled:
8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24 to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 27
- Two left lanes of mainline I-5 will remain open
- People will be able to use the collector/distributor to reach off-ramps at Dearborn, I-90, Fourth Avenue South/Edgar Martinez Drive and Airport Way. All C/D traffic will have to exit before or at Airport Way.
- The following on-ramps to southbound I-5 will be closed:
- Spring Street
- The collector/distributor
- Both directions of I-90
- Off-ramps to Forest Street and Columbia Way/Spokane Street will be closed
8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 1 to 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 4
- All traffic will be funneled into the collector/distributor; the mainline lanes will be closed between Yesler and the collector/distributor on-ramps to southbound I-5.
- Two lanes will remain open through the C/D
- The ramps from I-90 to southbound I-5 will be closed, except for about two hours after Sounders and Mariners games to allow stadium traffic to get on southbound I-5.
If the weather allows, work will continue through select weekends in October.