The SODO BIA is hiring a Program Manager, District Services and Operations
Program Manager, District Services and Operations
The SODO Business Improvement Area (BIA), a nonprofit organization advocating for a safe, clean, connected, and engaged SODO, seeks an energetic and meticulous individual to join the organization as the Program Manager for our District Services program. This is a vital role for a growing organization to implement and oversee programs to improve the SODO Business District. We seek candidates who are pragmatic and collaborative, with strong customer service and relationship management skills. The Program Manager will assist in the oversight and coordination of cleaning and safety programs in the area. This includes the oversight of contracts, customer service and relationship management in the district, and the planning of community safety and cleaning events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain relationships with business and property owners in the SODO area to provide customer service related to cleaning and safety, access to resources, and information about the district and the organization.
- Oversee clean and safe contracts and manage data and metrics to share with key
- Proactively identify issues within the district and coordinate resources to address them accordingly.
- Coordinate and develop a variety of crime prevention, safety, and community programs and assist with other events that promote the broader goals of the organization and engage the community.
- Prepare and distribute information on cleaning and safety to the neighborhood.
- Receive, prioritize, and execute work requests while providing timely and consistent reporting regarding personnel activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure accurate data is recorded and maintained in CRM in order to develop relationships and track key indicators of cleaning and safety “success” in the district.
- Work with the Executive and Deputy Director to plan, supervise, and report on the budget.
- Coordinate and run monthly Safe & Clean Committee meetings.
- Build alliances and goodwill with partners, including contractors, service providers, and government agencies.
- Special projects and other commensurate duties as assigned.
- Flexibility and a can-do attitude are important. As a small organization, all employees contribute to the overall success of the organization by “pitching in” where needed.
- Willingness and desire to engage with diverse individuals and groups including SODO business and property owners, local law enforcement agencies, city departments, program contractors, homeless populations, and social service organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and competence in representing management policies positively and consistently to employees, board members, ratepayers, stakeholders, and the public.
- Experience managing multiple projects with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment with an ability to work quickly and efficiently to problem solve.
- Competency with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) technology, and mainstream social media platforms, (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, prioritization of tasks, time management, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and a professional demeanor that enables them to address employee challenges and guide team members towards success.
- Self-motivated, energetic learner with a good sense of humor, able to take both directions and initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired; master’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of management experience required; experience in public space management preferred.
- Familiarity with CPTED principles, or willingness to attend training within the first 6 months of employment.
- Comfortable working outdoors in various conditions, walking for extended periods of time, as well as working indoors at a desk; Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record to be insurable on the company vehicle.
- Hours are generally 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, though flexibility to attend meetings, events, and oversee projects during the evening and/or weekends may be required for this position
Compensation: Salary Range $75,000-$85,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Sick Leave
- Parental Leave
- Work/life balance/integration
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The SODO BIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer