The SODO BIA is hiring a Communications Associate
The SODO Business Improvement Area (BIA), a non-profit place management organization advocating for a safe, clean, connected, and engaged SODO, seeks an energetic and detail-oriented individual to join the organization as our Communications Associate. We seek candidates who are pragmatic and
collaborative, with strong attention to detail and writing skills. The Communications Associate collaborates widely to mobilize, strengthen, and build SODO BIA’s communication and outreach efforts through messaging.
Duties & Responsibilities
Social Media Management
- Manage and maintain the organization’s social media presence across platforms, ensuring regular and relevant updates. Our current platforms include Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn.
- Assist in creating and analyzing analytics to gauge the success of campaigns.
- Engage with customers or clients who interact with our social media platforms.
- Provide suggestions to management for improving customer experience on social platforms and improving internal processes.
- Social Media content creation, including photos, text, and video.
- Write a monthly email article highlighting SODO-area businesses.
- Edit and proofread content to ensure clarity, accuracy, and consistency in messaging.
CRM and Website Data Maintenance
- Manage updates on the “Featured SODO Stories” section on our website.
- Maintain our business directory, Metalocator, with accurate, updated information, including new businesses and outreach data.
- Maintain existing and new business data in our CRM, PBID.
- Maintain accurate contact information in our email marketing tool, Constant Contact.
- Aggregate data from various sources to populate the SODO CRM database, business directory and email lists.
- Assist the Communications Manager in preparing for and hosting public events. This includes event set-up and tear-down.
- Understand the overall concept of the SODO BIA, including our brand, organizational mission, ratepayer audience, and current BIA goals.
- Take part in Community Outreach shifts to promote our services and gather ratepayer data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Basic experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Proficiency in major social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
- Familiarity with social media schedulers such as Later or Hootsuite
- Familiarity with image/video editing software pertaining to social media content creation, such as Adobe Creative Suite or Canva
- Digital Literacy skills
- Basic knowledge of social media analytics terminology to track audience engagement and campaign performance.
- Experience with WordPress is a plus.
- Experience working with CRMs, Customer Relationship Managers, is a plus.
- Able to work independently with limited direct supervision and management.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- A collaborative and creative mindset, with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for the organization’s mission and a genuine interest in making a positive impact in the community.
Compensation: Salary Range: $55,000-$60,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Sick Leave
- Parental Leave
- Work/life balance/integration
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The SODO BIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer