Seattle City Light – Electronic Equipment Upgrades Planned in August 2017
Starting in early August 2017, Seattle City Light will be supporting enhanced cellular and data services by upgrading electronic equipment to 10 utility poles throughout the public right-of-way of the SODO neighborhood.
Map: SODO Neighborhood Work Area
– This project is an expansion of existing communications networks and the equipment modifications will increase public safety and enhanced-911 capabilities. The work will also improve wireless services to areas, allowing for enhanced connectivity and faster 4G service.
– During this project, City Light crews will also have the opportunity to upgrade its infrastructure and replace utility poles that are in poor condition.
– There are no maintenance power outages planned for this work. Some traffic and parking impacts are expected in the immediate work areas. Crews will be careful to maintain access to driveways.
– This project is tentative to start in early August 2017. Construction is anticipated to last approximately six weeks.
– Media inquiries can be directed to Scott Thomsen, External Communications (206) 615-0978 or email@example.com
– Customers can contact Gina Del Giorgio, City Light Project Consultant at (425) 603-8205 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Visit Seattle City Light’s construction website for the latest updates on this project: www.seattle.gov/light/atwork/release.asp?RN=326