S Lander St Bridge Project – Field Work Notice
Upcoming Field Work:
Beginning as early as Monday, January 16, and lasting approximately 2 weeks, there will be minor construction work on S Lander St between 1st and 4th avenues south to verify the location of underground utilities to inform the design for the future bridge.
Using a large vacuum truck, a small hole will be made in the road in approximately 40 spots to determine the exact location of underground utilities without damaging them. Knowing the specific locations will improve the accuracy of SDOT’s design, allowing the future construction to progress more efficiently.
What to Expect:
• S Lander St and impacted side streets will remain open to traffic, although individual travel lanes will be closed.
• Signing and flaggers will help motorists and bicyclists move through the area.
• Work hours Monday-Friday, 9 AM – 3 PM.
• The process is loud – especially for those close in proximity.
• Bus routes will not be affected.
• Minor parking restrictions will be necessary.
• Pedestrian and business access will be maintained at all times.
To improve safety and reduce delays associated with train crossings, SDOT will build a build a bridge on S Lander St between 1st Ave S and 4th Ave S beginning in 2018. The project is expected to cost $140 million, with funding from the City, state, and federal governments, as well as from the Port of Seattle and the BNSF Railroad.
More Information & Contact Information: